Tuesday, February 7, 2023

HEMISPHERIC MODE INDICATOR (HMI) RESULTS BEFORE SESSION TWO

 

Please post your Hemispheric Mode Indicator (HMI) 
results as a COMMENT to this blog post.

My HMI score was -1, favoring the left hemisphere, 
but only just barely so.

I feel that this score adequately represents who I am. I can adjust myself to focus in on details, be organized, calculate, work towards goals, consider management, remove myself from situations, and use words to my advantage. On the other hand, I can also let loose, be creative, go with the flow when neccesary, make connections, use pictures and graphics to my advantage, and be empathic. I have the ability to shift back and forth.

However, this can also create chaos in my life. There are times when I can literally feel my brain floundering. I can't explain what it feels like. I visualize it as oil and water that has been swirled together. Sometimes I'm presented with a problem or situation and I simply freeze. I can feel my brain jumble up as it tries to decide which half is going to take over-as though the two halves are at war with each other. It's the strangest sensation. I wish I knew how to make them work together...

5 comments:

  1. My HMI score was 8, I like storytelling, I need experiences, I have my artistic side, sometimes I can be spontaneous. I see the whole. On the other hand sometimes I can be controlled and analytical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! so my HMI score is 3. I am someone who focus on individual elements of information and put them together to form a complete picture. I may be better at recognizing patterns and relationships, and sometimes I may have a strong sense of subjectivity and a preference for nonverbal communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everyone, I've got an HMI score of 32. I'm a visual person that likes simple (colorful) illustrations. Reducing complexity into something straight-forward is aesthetic and beautiful. I love stories; I need stories to understand data. I like to create connections between seemingly unrelated events or objects or concepts. My brain does that automatically. I need people from different backgrounds around me and have a very diverse background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The HMI score design is 35+plus or minus is a moderate score.
    Will spend some time on this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My HMI score is -17, left mode and I do recognize part of myself in the description.

    ReplyDelete